Monday, April 4, 2011

The infamous first post....

Here it is, this post will be the start of something that I hope to keep up with.  I have always enjoyed pouring out the contents of my heart in the form of colorful words.  Words that create a picture for everyone to see how great my life truly is, or possibly how horrible it might seem at a given time.  But through my words I hope to convey that even on the bad days, my world revolves around one central being.  One fact, one thing that I hold true to my heart.  The single fiber that holds me together, that being that the God I serve truly is the God on the mountain and God in the valley. Situations around me change, but the God I serve is the same today, tomorrow and forever. So travel with me, if you will, through this journey we have all come accustomed to calling "life", and laugh with me, cry with me, please, just feel, with me.  I will share with you the heart of a mother, of a wife, of a child of the living God.  Please feel free to comment or ask me questions.  I am looking forward to this.  With my well thought out introduction, here begins my first post:

::Life.As.We.Know.It::
 Welcome! This is my life. This is why I live and breathe.  This is me!  I am 22 years old (most people are shocked to hear that, I guess I seem much older than I am).  I got married when I was 18, and for those of you who cannot do math, I will be celebrating 4 amazing years of marriage with my best friend in July.  We have two little boys, Ramsay who is 3 years old, and Nikolai, who is 16 months old.  Ryan (my husband, best friend, partner in crime, my other half) met me when he was a Senior in High School and I was a sophomore.  We started dating that summer, right before my Jr. year and right after he graduated.  We just clicked.  He was loud and hyper and good at everything, and I was quiet and shy, reserved, and only had hidden talents.  But he indeed brought out the best in me.  I will admit that after nearly 8 years of being around this man, I am not very shy any more. I guess it is true, you do become like the people you are around.  I was going to a Church of Christ in the small town of West Mansfield, and my Pastor just happened to be his Uncle.  Ryan had come to preach to the youth for our monthly "Youth Sunday" and that is the story of how we met.  He had no clue what he was in store for that day, I always tease.  It is funny to look back at now, we treated him like a celebrity at that little church.  All of the youth even had him sign their Bibles, which I laugh really loudly about now! We loved to hear him sing, when he was down stairs practicing, we would all (all including maybe 6 of us girls) sneak down and put our ears up to the door to spy.  I had no clue then that he would end up my husband.  But here we are and I am happier than I ever thought I would be.  I am so glad that Ryan is a part of my life.  He is my best friend.  My life partner.  God is the center of our relationship, the center of our family.  Do we have hard times? Oh, of course we do.  But in the end it all comes back to the fact that we wouldn't survive without each other.  Ramsay and Nikolai are our pride and joy.  They keep us on our toes!  We have recently found ourselves part of a church in Byahlia (a small town between Mt. Victory and Marysville) called Oasis Ministries.  We are very excited to climb on board with this group of people who are on fire for God, and I am so excited to see what God is going to do here.  We feel right at home for not being at the church long.  The people there have made us feel more than welcome not only in the church, but as friends outside of church as well.  They have brought to me a new meaning of a church family.  If I had to sum up my life right now in one word, all in all, I would have to say BLESSED.  I am blessed, we as a family are blessed.  I am strong in the Lord, in my faith, and for the first time in my life, I am confident in who I am. I am comfortable in my own skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment